Heinz Schärer is Partner and a member of the Corporate / M&A practice team. He focuses on mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, venture capital and private equity transactions, corporate law and corporate finance including securities offerings and IPOs.
Heinz Schärer is Partner and a member of Homburger’s Corporate / M&A practice team.
- Senior Partner at Homburger (until 2019)
- Managing Partner at Homburger (until 2013)
- Head of the Corporate / M&A team (until 2009)
- Partner at Homburger
- Associate at Baker & McKenzie, New York
- Associate at Homburger
- Bar admission
- University of Fribourg School of Law (Dr. iur.)
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas (M.C.L.)
- Law clerk at the District Court of Uster
- University of Fribourg School of Law (lic. iur.)
Heinz Schärer has extensive expertise advising clients on corporate transactions and investments and in advising financial service clients.
Interviewees highlight Heinz Schärer for his experience, with one source remarking that he can ‹guide clients through complicated situations›. He acts for financial services clients on cross-border acquisitions.
Heinz Schärer is a seasoned expert in the M&A space with ‹excellent legal knowledge combined with excellent business understanding›.
Heinz Schärer is held in high regard by respondents to our research who applaud his vast experience in corporate governance as well as his ‹legal excellence, responsiveness and business sense›.
Join the TeamCareer