Gabrielle Nater-Bass’ practice focuses on international commercial arbitration and litigation. She is an experienced party counsel and arbitrator in ad hoc and institutional arbitration proceedings (ICC, Swiss Rules, LCIA, DIS, and others). She also represents clients in complex state court litigations.
Gabrielle Nater-Bass’ practice focuses on international commercial arbitration and state court litigation. She is an experienced party counsel and arbitrator in international commercial arbitration proceedings, ad hoc and institutional, with in-depth experience in matters relating to joint ventures, shareholder agreements, M&A disputes, sales contracts, long-term supply contracts, agency and distribution contracts, construction and infrastructure projects, commodity trading (precious metals, concentrates and mining agreements), natural resources and energy (including gas pricing and electricity trading), telecommunications and pharmaceuticals.
- Appointment to Vice President of LCIA Court
- Board Member of Swiss Arbitration Centre
- Winner of Client Choice Award – Arbitration & ADR Switzerland
- Appointment to LCIA Court
- Winner of Client Choice Award, Arbitration & ADR Switzerland
- Co-chair of ICCA-ASIL Task Force on Damages in International Arbitration
- President of Arbitration Court of Swiss Chambers' Arbitration Institution (SCAI)
- Board Member of Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA)
- Partner at Homburger
- Associate at Homburger
- Foreign Associate at a Washington D.C. and London law firm
- University of Virginia School of Law (LL.M.)
- Associate at Homburger
- Bar Admission
- University of Zurich (lic. iur.)
Admitted to the Swiss bar
Gabrielle Nater-Bass stands out as a seasoned counsel and arbitrator as she has exceedingly considerable skill, knowledge and experience of market practices and the law. She has excellent judgment and understanding and grasps complex issues very fast and accurately. Gabrielle is also a very nice person to work with, very friendly and warm.
Gabrielle Nater Bass is a highly accomplished arbitration specialist, and sources recommend her as "one of the leading names in Europe for arbitration".
Gabrielle Nater-Bass often acts as president of LCIA, Swiss Rules and ICC tribunals. She also often assumes co-arbitrator roles. Commentators report that she is ‹well respected in the international arbitration community›. Nater-Bass also represents clients in contractual arbitration disputes.
She is very good at thinking outside the box and coming up with solutions to problems in an extremely collaborative fashion.
a brilliant lawyer with an in-depth knowledge of the industry. She is very responsive and pragmatic and always able to come up with operational strategies on how to address legal issues in a meaningful way for the client.
Join the Team