Timetable for Corporate Law Reform Implementation
On September 11, 2020, the Swiss government announced the timetable for implementing the previously approved corporate law reform.
- Most of the new rules will take effect in 2022, subject to transition periods. The exact date has not been set yet.
- The new “comply or explain” rules regarding gender diversity for large listed companies will apply:
- in relation to FY 2026 and onwards if less than 30% of all board members are female (or male), and
- in relation to FY 2031 and onwards if less than 20% of all members of executive management are female (or male).
- The new reporting rules for companies that exploit natural resources will apply in relation to FY 2022 and onwards.
This Homburger Bulletin expresses general views of the authors at the date of the Bulletin, without considering the facts and circumstances of any particular person or transaction. It does not constitute legal advice. This Bulletin may not be relied upon by any person for any purpose, and any liability for the accuracy, correctness or fairness of the contents of this Homburger Bulletin is explicitly excluded.