Homburger has a broad team of skilled specialists with knowledge and experience in the area of real estate.
Our interdisciplinary approach allows Swiss and international clients to benefit from our extensive experience in providing advice in all aspects of real estate law and related fields of law. As a technical and transactional specialist in the real estate market, Homburger serves as a point of contact for real estate investors and the real estate departments of industrial and financial companies, developers, real estate funds and similar organisations.
Real estate transactions
The expert, reliable and discrete execution of sales and purchases of properties, industrial real estate as well as commercial and residential real estate is one of the Real Estate group's core areas of expertise. Transactions may be carried out individually or as a package (asset and share deals). The team has relevant experience with real estate carve-out transactions and legal due diligence reviews. Its expertise includes contractual documentation and negotiations as well as handling the approval processes in connection with Lex Koller, the Federal Act on Rural Land Rights (Bundesgesetz über das bäuerliche Bodenrecht, BGBB) and similar laws.
Overview of expertise in the area of real estate
- Sale and purchase of properties, industrial real estate, commercial and residential real estate
- Real estate carve-out transactions
- Legal due diligence, contractual documentation and negotiations
- Approvals (Lex Koller, BGBB, etc.)
- Service contracts, general/sole contractor agreements for large construction projects
- Commercial leases (drafting and negotiation)
- Real estate financing
- Formation of closed- and open-ended real estate funds for institutional and private investors
- Tax-optimised structuring of real estate investments and divestments
- Real estate disputes (lawsuits/arbitration proceedings)