Corporate | M&A
The Corporate | M&A practice team offers domestic and global enterprises and entrepreneurs expert support with mergers and acquisitions, including joint ventures, equity capital markets, private equity and venture capital as well as corporate governance.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Coined the "Swiss M&A powerhouse" by Chambers, Homburger draws on its wealth of experience in corporate acquisitions, auctions and mergers, as well as public tender offers. In this respect, we place special emphasis on cross-border capital market transactions. Our consultancy services are aimed at public and private companies, their directors and investors, as well as at entrepreneurs from all economic sectors.
Equity capital markets and private equity
Other focus areas for the Corporate | M&A unit include conducting initial public offerings (IPOs) and share placements, private equity, venture capital and corporate restructurings.
Corporate governance and corporate and securities law
Our wide array of services also covers advice on and support with the increasingly important areas of corporate governance and employee participation, as well as support services for public listed companies' shareholders' meetings, say-on-pay regulations, or compliance with reporting obligations.
The Corporate | M&A team's core competencies at a glance
- Corporate sales and acquisitions, mergers, spin-offs
- Public takeovers, takeover defenses
- IPOs, capital increases, convertible bonds, mezzanine and other financial transactions, share buy-backs
- Joint ventures
- Private equity, incl. buy-outs, venture capital and exit transactions
- Support for shareholders' meetings
- Assistance in compensation disclosure and say-on-pay
- Reorganization and restructuring
- Employment law and employee participation
- Advice on and representation in cases relation to securities laws and white collar offenses
- Compliance (incl. Takeover Board, FINMA, SIX Swiss Exchange)
- Internal investigations
- Succession and tax planning for managers and entrepreneurs