The India focus group assists Swiss multinational companies in navigating through the maze of investing in India and provides guidance on negotiations with Indian business partners. Homburger also supports Indian companies with respect to their investments in Switzerland.
Homburger is the official legal knowledge partner of Switzerland Global Enterprise (formerly OSEC), the official Swiss government agency which supports entrepreneurs all over the world and advocates for Switzerland as a place to do business (www.s-ge.com).
Since 2004, the India focus group has advised on cross-border transactions between India and Switzerland. Among other things, it was actively involved in the acquisition of a controlling interest in the Associated Cement Companies and Ambuja Cements by Holcim Ltd. (2005-2010) and in the acquisition of a controlling interest in Steiner AG, a Swiss general contractor, by the Hindustan Construction Company (HCC) in 2010. Homburger also provided active support in numerous cross-border intellectual property rights cases between India and Switzerland, with corporate and securities law issues affecting Swiss companies and in intercultural matters between Switzerland and India.
Our areas of expertise at a glance
Advice to Swiss multinational companies with respect to investing in India:
- Assistance with regulatory issues
- Selection of suitable Indian law firms
- Support in case of a need for local legal advice
- Advising on intercultural issues in relation to negotiations
- Trade in goods and services
- Intellectual property law
Support for multinational Indian companies:
- Establishing a presence in Switzerland
- Relocating business activities to Switzerland
- Realizing greenfield projects
- M&A activities
Further consulting activities between India and Switzerland:
- Cross-border transactions
- Matters relating to intellectual property rights
- Issues concerning corporate law
- Intercultural issues